Monday, October 11, 2010

Game 5 Video & Photos

I added some video to go along with the photos from the game with 2-K Swolers. They are available here. I'm still learning the best way to make a video recording of a softball game. I wasn't familiar with Richie's camera so the video I shot with it came out blurry. I also made some mistakes with my own camera. The way I set it up, the sun bleached out the early part of the game and the end was cut off. Still, I got some pretty good footage of most of the game.

I have the manual for Richie's camera now and I expect to do a better job on the next game. Basically, what I'm trying to do is cover the field by setting up one camera lined up toward right field and the other lined up toward left field. One camera set to cover the entire span would leave you looking like ants. With two cameras, I can zoom in tight enough to make the players recognizable while also being able to follow the flight of the ball and all of the baserunning. With a little editing, I should be able to meld the shots from each camera to into a decent video. But I need to shoot the video right to make it work.

I hope to have the stats updated within the next day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Richie isn't able to see the video on his computer. It plays just fine for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

    ReplyDelete